To be the leading partner of industry and government in the continuous development of quality human resources for the hospitality industry.
To promote teaching excellence in hospitality education by providing venues to transform educators into confident and values-laden professionals, committed to the development of competent graduates with employable skills.
- To partner with industry and government in developing qualifications and standards that will ensure the quality of hospitality education in the country.
- To support research and creative endeavors in the field of hospitality education, as well as dissemination of their results, in order to make valuable contributions to the existing body of knowledge.
- To be at the forefront of advocacy for national and international issues affecting hospitality education and industry.
- To establish and maintain local and global institutional linkages in order to cooperatively address relevant issues.
- To foster unity and collegiality among members in the pursuit of mutual interests.
The Rights and Privileges of a COHREP member
Every member of The Council of Hotel and Restaurant Educators of the Philippines is granted to have the ights and priveleges to:
- participate in the annual COHREP convention and general meeting
- participate in COHREP seminars, symposia, workshops and training programs; priority in industry-sponsored workshops for COHREP
- exchange information through the bi-annual COHREP newsletter
- be involved in outreach programs of COHREP
- Pursuit of higher levels of excellence in hospitality education.
- Keeping abreast with advances in hospitality management and technology.
- Partnering harmoniously with stakeholders.
- Commitment to the ideals of the teaching profession.
- Uncompromising adherence to the COHREP Code of Ethics.
Code of Ethics
- Hone the total development of the student in preparation for a career and life in hospitality practice and education.
- Reward and celebrate the student’s individual talents, creativity, perseverance, and achievements, and at the same time accept accountability for the student’s formation.
- Recognize the role of stakeholders (parents, community, school, government and industry) as partners in molding our students as future hospitality practitioners.
- Exemplify desirable personal traits such as integrity, justice and the ability to set a positive classroom atmosphere conducive to learning.
Sustain a proactive vision of professional growth and development in classroom management and leadership training, with the continuous guidance and support of school administration.